Find answers to all your frequently asked questions below.
1. How do I find out about openings?
All current opportunities at UNAVCO are listed under our employment listings. When a position closes, it will be removed from our website.
2. How do I know if a position is still available?
If a job is currently posted on our employment listings website, we are still considering candidates and it is possible that you will be contacted. Once a position closes, it is removed from our website.
3. Why aren’t there any jobs in Current Openings?
If there are not any jobs listed in Current Openings, it means we do not have any openings at the moment, but please check back as we are constantly expanding.
4. How long will the application process take to complete online?
The process should take between 15 – 20 minutes to complete online.
5. I applied for a position online, how do I check the status of my submission?
We regret that we cannot respond to update you on the status of your submission. If there is a position that is appropriate for you then we will contact you.
6. I want to send in hard copies of my resume and cover letter. Where can I send these?
We only accept applications that go through our career portal. Resume and cover letter are attached with your application packet.
7. I cannot remember my password. Can you help me?
If you do not recall the email address and or password used, please select either 'Forgot your password?' or the 'Do not have a password?' link. If your email address is on file, we will send your existing or new login credentials to that email address.
8. I just submitted my profile but need to make a correction. What should I do?
Under Current Openings, click on Update Your Profile. You can log-in to your account to make changes to your profile.
9. Does UNAVCO have an internship program?
All internship opportunities are listed under Current Openings.
10. What is the recruitment process for UNAVCO Staff?
Once you have submitted your complete application, it is reviewed and a shortlist of candidates are called in for an interview. Depending on the seniority of the position you may have to return for a number of different interview stages
If you are successful, you will be provided with a conditional offer of employment. The final offer depends upon the outcome of employee screening activities, including verification of employment and education credentials.
If the results are not satisfactory, we may not be able to complete your hiring process.
Once you have cleared the background checks and provided the relevant enrollment documentation to Human Resources you will be welcomed onboard and contacted with a start date.
11. What background checks do you do?
Each position requires different background checks and clearances. Some of the background checks that are needed for various positions are driving records, employment verification, education verification, and criminal checks.
Convictions do not necessarily disqualify you from employment. Factors such as; type, number, seriousness, date and nature of conviction will be taken into account. However, it is important that you disclose your issues completely and honestly. Failure to do so may result in termination of employment.
12. How long does it take to be notified for an interview?
The timeline for each recruitment varies. As long as a position is posted on our website, it is possible that you will be asked to participate in an interview.
13. What are the hours for the job?
It depends on the position. However, Part-Time positions are generally 0 – 35 hours per week and Full-Time positions are generally, 40 hours per week, Please see the specific job postings for more details.
14. Are there any physical requirements?
It depends on the position. Please see the specific job postings for more details.
15. How long is the contract?
UNAVCO is an at will employer.